Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, October 11th

For Alyson's birthday lunch, we (with Mommo) went to Ten Ren's Teahouse in College Park. It really is hard for Mommo to find 'safe' food to eat - without a trace of gluten. Mommo and Jim both had the barbecued eel.
That Japanese eel is one of those things that are reserved for enjoying 'out'. I'll never make it at home. I don't think anyone does. So once or twice a year, or more frequently in sushi rolls, we enjoy it at a restaurant.

For dinner I intended to make a fish chowder, but after all the chopping, sauteing, etc., I finally took a bathroom break and while I was otherwise occupied, the whole shebang came to a boil and was ruined. I threw it out and Jim and I had catch-as-catch-can for supper.

We had a nice talk with Jamie yesterday morning. He seems in good spirits. I love Skype, especially the video feature.
Well, its time to go to the pool and get a little exercise. After church, the Farmer's market calls. I hope the rain holds off. I want tomatoes and peppers, cheese and bread today. Then I'll make Roasted Tomato soup. Yum.
I have two Bison Sausages left in the fridge, with some fresh bread, it'll make a good supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments, please.