Monday, February 21, 2011

ravioli for dinner

I made a batch of pasta today, one and a half cups each of all-purpose and semolina flours to four and a half eggs. Half of it I rolled out and made up into ravioli, the first time I have done so. It was pretty tasty, but Jim told me that he doesn't care for blue cheese, which it did contain. You'd think I'd have learned that more than two months before our 33RD anniversary.
My ravioli didn't look as nice as those pictured. Some were downright lumpy. I served them in Roasted Garlic broth with slivers of Roast Pork (from Saturday).
I used the dough hook on my mixer to make the pasta dough and it was quick and efficient. While it looks cool to whip this stuff together by hand on a bread board I think I'll use the mixer in the future.
Please excuse me. I need to go roll out the second half of the pasta now - and freeze it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments, please.