Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hanging on


Well, the aforementioned Peach Pie went to work on Monday. It was ALL GONE by noon. The agency manger didn't even get a taste.
Alyson, Jim and I finished off Sunday's Tomato Quiche Nicoise on Monday night at family dinner. (Pictured at Right) I served poached eggs Florentine with a chunk of melty Stilton on top for more protein. Yum, if I do say so.
Somehow, I put one foot in front of another and got through to Thursday. Before plunging into work, I drove to Gaithersburg's best-and-most-remote Safeway to pick up something for lunch. The lunch was unenviable, but on the way a doe and still-spotted fawn crossed the four-lane in one of those magic moments when all the traffic pauses and God sends a little skit to be enacted right in front of you. Now I have something to remember when the library patrons act like idiots (and they will!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments, please.