Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Miller's Wife gets it right

Monday night - Family Dinner night, which means a non-meat meal to accomodate Alyson. Thank God for Trader Joe, which has frozen fillets of Dover Sole.
I fried up six small fillets a la Mueniere, using a stick of butter in all, and they were just perfect.
I was so tired, as I often am and especially on Mondays, that I just didn't get up out of my chair to make a vegetable dish.
I did reheat Sunday's Matzoh Ball soup about a hour later, and it was a fine second course for Jim and me. Of course, I was knocked out by all that richness. I call it an acceptable trade-off.

I have one large and one small fillets still in the fridge, and thawed, of course. I'd better come up with a good use for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments, please.